Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Headed to Gorleston?

So it is transfers week this week, and drum roll please.... I am moving!! It came as a complete shock.  A) because new missionaries do this 12 week program, so they stay with their trainer for 12 weeks  B) if one of us was moving we thought it would be Sister Vermeer because she has been here for 4.5 months. but nope it is me.  President Jordan called me last night and told me that I am moving to gorleston.... I don't even know if that is how you spell it. but it is up north by Norwich by the sea! 

My companion has also only been out 6 weeks as well and is from Brazil and speaks portugese. and apparently the ward up there is predominatly portugese.  So President told me to start practicing my Portugese haha.  He said some really cool stuff as well, he said sorry to make me grow up so fast on the mission, becoming co-senior companion, but he knows I can do it. and that in this transfer I am going to have to pray harder than I have ever prayed before.


 
 I am so excited.  there are only three things I am not looking forward to.... 1. Packing. boo. i don't think i will be able to refit it all in my suitcase 2. carrying all of my suitcases on the tube and train again, up alll those stairs... literally was a miracle I made it to Watford.  3. leaving the people here in Watford.  It is crazy how much I love the members here and investigators when some I have only known a few weeks.  I can't imagine not teaching them and helping them and talking to them about some of the hard things going on in their lives!  I am nervous that the next sister isn't going to love them enough, but the Lord knows best! I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to anyone because we all thought that I was staying. oh well, yay for the internet and email and facebook when I get home.  
 
Yesterday we got to do a really cool thing.  It is a diversity celebration for religions, talents, and cultures.  It was at this really big catholic church and lots of different clubs, organisations, and religions, set up a booth and people came around and we would just talk to them about what we did and believed.  It was brilliant to see all the different beliefs and see them all come together and get along and learn about each other.  Also there was a program going on in the gym and each organisation did a little presentation, well on the program it said that an LDS choir was coming.... there was no choir.  So one of the YSA girls and I had to get up and sing for everyone. it was interesting.... it couldn't have been too bad because they didn't throw food at us or kick us off the stage. ha but also in that room there was food from all over the world.  Italy, India, English, Polish, Chinese, and lots of other weird looking food. Dad you would be proud I tried sushi again!!! guess what!!.... still hated it. 
 
My companion almost died this week.... okay well not really. but for the time we spent in the hospital she should have been dying. Hospitals are bad where ever you go.  We were there all saturday because she had a pain in her side, but it turned out to be nothing they just gave her some painkiller stuff, but we were there allllll day.
 
One miracle that happened a while ago and I don't remember if I told you or not... so if I did just skip this part, but I was on the bus sitting next to this older lady and we were talking blah blah blah and then she got off the bus (not the miracle) after she left a lady from the back came and sat down next to me.  Normally people don't do that here, but I didn't mind.  But you know when you miss the time to say hi and start talking at the very beginning it is weird to just randomly start talking to them.... well at least for me it is. anyways I missed the opportunity, so I was having a debate in my head, talk to her.... don't talk to her... talk to her... don't talk to her... finally I just blurted out what a beautiful day it was outside (luckily it was, that line doesn't work often) and we started a conversation, we were just starting to talk about missionary stuff when it was my stop.  I hurriedly asked if she had a phone number so that we could call and meet up and chat some more, but she didn't know it.  The bus driver was looking annoyed so I hurried and just gave her a mormon.org card with our phone number on the back and told her to call us.  I didn't even get her name....  When this happens it is rare that they ever call back. Sister Vermeer said we probably wouldn't ever hear from her. but what do you know about a week later she calls and we set up an appt!! She used to get taught by the elders, but they moved away and she just eventually stopped talking to them, but now she wants to start again. Her name is Nahid. So we had an appt with her for sat and she didn't show.... it was a pretty big let down. we would have called her but she had called with a private number so we could never call her back.  So as we were walking back from the appointment she didn't show for, she called and said so sorry she couldn't come but her daughter had gotten sick and is the hospital. sad that her daughter is sick, but so great that she called back and we were able to get her phone number and a new appointment.  Long story I know sorry, but it just shows that the people who are ready are out there, we just need to be brave enough to open our mouths and say hi on the bus.
 
So last monday we went to London! Great huh.... but not really... everyone thinks I am crazy I know. especially Sherri :) but I realised I am just definitely not a big city girl.  I did like going to the different places, we went and saw tower of london, Buckingham palace, big ben, and a few other things; and it is cool to see them and be able to say I have been there, but not my favourite thing.  I would much rather go hiking, or boating, or something active or outdoorsy.  Too many people, not enough sun, and too much just standing around.  Although I do admit it would have been better with like your best friend or spouse or someone who knows more of the history that could make it more fun.    
 

So that pretty much sums it up. Nothing too exciting.  When I email next I will be in a different place! weird.... I don't know my address but I will give it to you next week. 
 
Send Rachel your muscles!  She wasn't exaggerating about getting her stuff back into those suitcases!  I have no idea how she'll do it.  And then carrying them!  It took three of us to get her stuff from the car to the terminal.  Wishing her luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment