Monday, September 1, 2014

"granddad don't worry, I will teach how to play xbox."

"granddad don't worry, I will teach how to play xbox."
so cute. we heard a little boy say that to his granddad as they were walking ahead of us.  It is insane how great little kids are with technology.  when I get home I am sure that adam is going to be showing me how to do and work everything!
 
I know I have said how much I love England. but I decided (at the very end of my mission oops), that each week I am going to say a reason why I love it! 
1. everywhere you go there are wild blackberries growing. everywhere. without fail and they are so delicious. 

 
I read this verse this morning and I loved it.  so true.  it is right when Ammon is reflecting on the missionary work that he and his brothers have been able to be a part of.  Alma 26:35-37

"Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name."
 
This just describes exactly how I feel.  I could not have said it better myself.  
 


This area is beautiful! it reminds me a bit of Colorado. without the amazing mountains of course.  but it really is a nice place. and the ward is good as well. it is predominately English and pretty small , but there are some great families.  Sister Larson is so funny. honestly hilarious. she should be a comedian.  She is from Utah and we could not be more opposite but we get along brilliantly.  She does not like sports one bit. she is a beautician, and knows all things hair, make-up and nails.  and she loves theatre and acting.  we are having a lot of fun together. she is having some health challenges.  we have had to go to the doctor and get some tests done, so I feel really bad for her having to deal with this, but she has been feeling better lately so hopefully she will recover soon!
 
I am so excited to serve here and really get to know the members here and serve them! I think that is going to be my focus this transfer -- service.  Serving my companion, serving the members, and the people here in Stevenage. 
 
speaking of service, quick little miracle. we were in the library teaching a member how to use the computer (such a cute lady from Ghana) and this gentleman called me over and asked for my help on how to scan something.  (I think he thought I worked there)  but I showed him how and we got talking and started talking about my missionary work and everything and we ended up calling over the member and Sister Larson and having a lesson right there about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration.  The more I learn about the Saviour, the more I learn his way of teaching and going about His work was all centred on serving others.  It truly helps us have pure love for the people around us. 
 
I hope you have a great week.  I love you!!
 
Ps thank you so much Grandma and Grandpa Chipman; I got the card you sent and loved it!      
 
pps when I get home can we go to the dentist like straight away. it has been way to long.  I think we have good enough hook ups to work that out. ya?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment