Monday, September 8, 2014

ahhhhnotimeeeee

A lot to say and no time to say it!
 
We had a zone bbq with President and Sister Jordan in St. Albans at my old ward mission leaders home....... so posh..... but now I have no time to email! sorry
 
quick question. last few weeks for anyone to make a request of anything they want from England. Anyone anything.  food, chocolate, souvenirs.  Like ask Sherrie or Corisa if they want something or anyone else who has been to England and wants something or if people are just curious.  what chocolate would you like family? I don't know what kind to bring home so please tell me!
 
I am now wearing my moccasins (well actually Rebecca's moccasins that I stole about junior year in high school) around a lot because I am having some feet problems and all my shoes kill and they are the only ones that don't hurt.  Soooooo not quite sure how sister Jordan would feel about it, but they don't look THAT much different than my sperries right?   
 
also we had a zone meeting last week and at every zone meeting they have a man challenge for us to do as companions. guess who won the man challenge? but actually we had a big advantage, one of the four sisters in our zone didn't want to do it so we used all three of us. but one person would hold the plank position for as long as they could and when they fell their companion had to start and whichever companionship lasted the longest won!!  and we lasted the longest.  out of 22 elders.... I know I know be impressed haha  we discovered we just needed to talk to each other while we were doing it to distract the person holding it.  so they asked me math equations.  it really helped!
 
thank you so much Grandma Formica for the card. I loved it.  Also funny note they don't say Grandma here. you would be called nan...... 
 

 We ate popcorn on our roof to celebrate my 17 month mark :)

not going to lie this week there was a day that was one of the hardest days I have had in a while.  but it was good to be able to remember that we always need to rely on the Lord. that this is His work. we can't do it without Him.  And that no matter what if we are doing all we can then we can feel disappointed but never discouraged.  and I have realised that is good advice not just for a mission, but for life!

I love you! hope you have a great week.  ps so happy! people are saying there is going to be another heat wave! whoooooo
Love ya!
Sister Formica 

I (Mom) was reminded of this scripture in 2 Corinthians 4, vs. 8, especially:  
For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
 10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
 11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus’ sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment