Monday, May 19, 2014

"I love snakes.... I don't like them, but you can love things you don't like." -Donna

one of my favourite quotes from Donna that the elder who interviewed her told us she said during her baptismal interview.  

brace yourself for a crazy email.  my brain is just flying today! 

It is soooooo beautiful here! the weather is literally perfect.  I am even starting to get a hint of tan... by hint i mean that it doesn't hurt your eyes as much to look at me now, the glare isn't as bad.  but this weather just makes me want to go and play beach volleyball right this very second! reminds me of the good days of just playing all dang day.  Aubree next summer ya? we should do a tournament again!!! so fun. 

We ran to hampstead heath this morning.oh my goodness google maps it right now!  (Hampstead Heath - google maps link) it is my new favourite place in the world.  You would never think that you were in London.  I felt like I was in Africa or something.  just silent from the world, only birds chirping and the wind blowing.  and there is a place called the Kenwood House in the park. Sister H and I decided it is perfect for either taking engagements or having our wedding reception there..... or maybe i will just photo shop it in, a bit cheaper probably, but it seriously is gorgeous. I can't wait till i come back and visit and just spend forever getting lost here on runs and hikes and everything. ya i love nature! Heavenly Father is so good to us giving us this beautiful earth!  I am in one of those, life is great and perfect and i am so blessed and i love life moods. aren't those just the best moods ever??    

This morning I also decided something, I love cooking! i know shocker right.  The problem still is that by the time I start cooking I am usually starving already, so I just snack while I cook till it is ready, and by then I am no longer really hungry.  but thats okay, baby steps.  Also now I like tuna! mum aren't you proud! I am just growing up so much haha 
5 bedroom house in Sheldon Avenue - 4,300,000 pounds.  Good Luck Rachel!
Also i decided if I ever live in England I want to live in Sheldon Ave. look it up.  honestly picture perfect houses.  just English mansions no biggie.     

one morning this week we walk into the bathroom and discovered that we now had an indoor pool.  Seriously it was flooded up to our ankles. not just a little trickle of water. the landlord came and we helped scoop up the water and mop it up, and then it got fixed... yay plumbers. 

Preston England Mormon Temple
Preston Enland Temple - https://www.lds.org/church/temples?lang=eng
William went to the temple on saturday and loved it!!! and he blessed the sacrament for the first time on sunday.  I feel like a mum watching her little baby grow up! During the sacrament prayer he had to do it a few times because he kept saying thy "Holy Son"..... but hey you can't blame him, it is his cultural upbringing coming out!

 If that is kinda racist I don't mean it to be, mum you can take it out if you want from the blog..... ha

Sister H was trying to put different things together clothing wise, and she put something on and turned to me and asked my opinion, then turned back to the mirror and exclaimed "I don't even know whats cute anymore!"  so funny. and so true.  i will definitely struggle when i get home, but lets be real when did i ever dress cute, jeans or sweats and a hoodie and vans.  cute to me!!  

I was on an exchange with sister T from the Congo, and she has only been here about 3 weeks, and knows VERY little English.  It was so fun, but something flew into my eye and i was holding it open and trying to get it out, and she doesn't say anything, grabs my head, pulls it really close to her face, peels back my eyelids, and blows this huge gust of wind into my eye.  i was just laughing, and she just shrugged and said, idk what to do...  I think you had to see it, because It was really funny. 

Soooooo Saturday was a great day for so many reasons.  

reason number 1, my football team won the cup. go arsenal.  and we may or may not have watched the last 15 mins... BUT it was not our fault.  so Sat night at the same time as this game we had a dinner appointment with this lady, and she lives at the center of the chaos of the game.  But when we showed up, her flat is just one room, and her mid 20's non-member son was watching the game on a huge flat screen.  and for the people here this was the biggest day of the year practically, so he was not turning it off,  and so we tried to sit there and just stare at each other and not watch it, but hey lets be real, practically impossible.  luckily it was almost over.  so we just endured to the end. but did not enjoy one bit of it :) haha  

 but let me just tell you what happened! best game ever, from what i heard..... so the other team scored 2 goals in the first 8 mins! but then, come back!!! arsenal scored 2 and tied it. so it went to over time 30 mins, and we showed up the last 15 of OT.  and it was still tied 2-2 so it was going to go to penalties. and then last 5 mins we scored, and it was such a gorgeous goal!  we all jumped up and starting cheering, and her son laughed and said "dang you are almost as excited as i am!"  it was so fun, technically not allowed, but hey what could we do? we figured it was good bonding with her non-member son.... don't worry mum we turned it off right after and ate dinner and shared a spiritual message.  (sorry for the details of the game, just want you to appreciate the beauty of the game!!! It made me excited to go back and watch sports, and be in a stadium, and ya all that good stuff) 

but when we were leaving, (we have never been to this area before) and we were in Arsenal's home base, there was people going crazy everywhere!!! and the bus stop she told us to go to wasn't working because of the game, and so we were just wandering around looking for where to go, dodging the drunk fans running everywhere. seriously mobs of people.  I wish you could have seen the scene.  we started walking down one street then realised that the people were throwing beer up into the air on everyone! I turned to Sister Hymas and yelled "retreat retreat!" haha it was so funny.  while we were laughing at the situation, a drunk man laying on the ground complimented my smile.  If only I had a £ for all of the compliments I have received from drunk people.      

second reason sat was so great, and a lot better of a reason 
Anca is getting baptised!!!! on June 1.  We were gardening with her on Saturday and just talking some more,  (the change in her is incredible)  and she is just talking about how much she loves the mormon messages, and general conferences videos, and Book of Mormon and she feels her faith growing and all this great stuff, and then during the lesson she was reading, and goes quiet, and I could just see her feeling the Spirit.  and she turns and says who do I need to talk to about getting baptised?

And then a bit later into the lesson her husband, who is less active gets home from work and comes in, and she said guess what? and he paused and then said,  "your getting baptised aren't you!"  she said yes and then he said "oh shoot!! you are making me come back to church!!" but not shoot.... haha but then he got so excited, and said that he has been wanting to come, but he has been stubborn.  He got so excited, grabbed their son and her and said we are going to be sealed in the temple one day! and he went off on a little rant about how he secretly still has been a mormon at heart and how excited he is....   he has quite a bit of work to do to come back, and he knows it but it was such a beautiful thing to see. and then at the end of the lesson they said a prayer as a family for the first time ever, and Anca said it.  I was going to cry the entire time.  we left the house and i felt like i was walking on a cloud.  It was such a pure joy and happiness.  to be a part of this family's journey to be together forever.  I don't know why Heavenly Father has blessed me so much and allowed me to be a part of this, but I am so grateful that He has.  

Anyways I have to run, it is Sister H's bday and we are going to this carnival thing! but have a fantastic week, I love you and pray for you everyday! I am so grateful for this time to serve Heavenly Father, and the people here is England.  Life could not get any better :)   love you!! Rachel

oh ps on sunday heard a prayer in Spanish, Hungarian, and Farsi (which in case you didn't know is the same thing as Persian.... learned that yesterday.... apparently everyone but sister h and I know that ) 
all in one day! i am going to miss that so much when I get home. I am going to be cultured shock with the lack of different cultures!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment