Tuesday, June 11, 2013

So many miracles I don't even know where to start!

Sister Benetti and I had a baptism this past Sunday!! crazy huh because I haven't ever mentioned a person close to being baptized, that is because we just met her a week ago.  So many miracles I don't even know where to start, but it is the longest story ever so I will just do a reader's digest version (don't worry mom long story in the letter i sent).  

So we met Olivia last Saturday, the first of June.  She is the cutest little lady from Brazil, and was the most spiritual prepared person I have ever met. Everything we taught she understood and knew was true.  Came to church and loved it and we taught her some more and invited her to be baptized June 22. She was so excited. but then problems with her mom and she had to leave to Brazil June 13..... awful huh. And we have this rule here that you have to go to church 3 times before you are baptized, but we called President Jordan on Friday the 7th and explained everything and he said that she could get baptized this Sunday before church and be confirmed during church.  It was incredible. we did a power lesson and taught her everything Saturday, got everything ready and it was amazing.  She is so great, I feel so close and connected to her and so much love for her and we have only known her a week.  She will be in Brazil for a while but is coming back, but we started teaching her mom and she said when she goes to Brazil she will be baptized!! crazy how when someone is prepared the Lord makes his work possible.  I learned so much from her.   

I love this area.  Honestly it is amazing. I am by the sea, and it is beautiful, rolling hills and fields and ya. I love it.  My companion is Sister Benetti, I don't know if I told you that.  She is from Brazil, and I absolutely love her.  We work so well together.  It is funny because she has a short Brazilian temper and doesn't like to be bossed around so I just listen and laugh when she vents about our leaders ha
Sorry I didnt email yesteryday but we had the coolest experience of going to London and listening to Elder M. Russell Ballard speak to us.  The whole mission and London South, at Hyde park chapel. It was amazing.  We found out Sunday night and had to leave at 6:45 in the morning on Monday and got back at 10 at night, but it was worth it. he was so amazing!
I love you so much I am going to do pics right now so I may not have any time to write more, but you wanted pics so here you go :)
love you!!!
rachel

I am so Thankful for the pictures and sweet letter!  Thank you Rachel!  There are a few more -- Click on Photos from the home page.  

No comments:

Post a Comment